PREPARE AND QUALIFY YOURSELF FOR A BOARD ROLE
Join Our 2023 Program Series Underway!
BOARD PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT
Program Offering Schedule
Spring Session – April 7 to June 2
Fall Session – September 1 to October 27
Serving as a board director is both an honor and a duty. This gold standard program equips directors with the understanding about their responsibilities, the current and emerging challenges and trends which face them and the fundamental knowledge and skills they need to be capable contributors to public, private and advisory boards. Arm yourself for success with this highly interactive program and secure a level one board certification.
WHAT MAKES THIS PROGRAM SPECIAL
Our Board Professional Program is for aspiring and current board members who want to increase their ability to engage meaningfully in discussions of leading-edge topics, ask sharper questions more easily, delve to the core of critical issues and improve proportional impact in a boardroom to create more shareholder value – not just conceptually, but tangibly by helping management think more critically about decisions.
Our program is strikingly different from other certification programs. Here are comparisons in offerings to consider:
Boardwise Other Programs
|Live, Interactive Online Sessions||Lecture/ Presentations|
|Meet and Speak Directly with Experts||Lecture Only|
|Covers Global Governance||Covers US Governance|
|Assesses Your Individual Board Style & Value to Boards||—-|
|Provides Personal Consultation Session for Strategy to Secure Ideal Role and Prepare Board Bio||—-|
|Added to Our Board Registry for Potential Board Assignments||—-|
|Cohort Team Learning and Network||Individual Viewing|
Boardwise offers 9, 2-hour modules of training that span from “fundamental guardrails in board work” to leading-edge technology application, including AI-Decision Science and Cybersecurity.
Other programs are structured as more lecture-oriented knowledge downloads, often around regulatory and compliance topics to prepare for test-taking or compliance. In contrast, Boardwise modules offer:
- Guest speakers and breakout sessions that enable peer-to-peer discussion and immediate “learn by doing.”Leading-edge topics such as AI and Decision Science, Cybersecurity, Data and Digitization. The discussion orients to a topic – drawing on life experiences – to understand the concepts and limitations, assumptions that can trap, errors frequently made by management, and sources of success and failure.
- This enables participants to ask sharper questions – questions that help lift management out of the weeds, challenge existing knowledge/assumptions/frameworks and see with new lens/perspectives to avoid wasteful churns and pivots.
- As one person said, it seems “Montessori-style.” Modules and discussions enable knowledge retention and application to empower you in your boardroom.
TOPICS AND CONTENT
This program has two components.
INITIAL ORIENTATION – assessment and personal one-on-one video call with Boardwise expert
Participants complete an online Board Bona Fide® assessment to establish current board readiness. You have a one-hour private session with a board expert coach to review your profile; discuss what board types best match you and explore suggestions to achieve your goal to serve on a board.
GOVERNANCE EDUCATION SESSIONS – live educational sessions online
The live interactive program includes nine sessions, each of which is two hours.
The modules include presentations and interviews with experts on governance and the hot topics which directors must address today, including: governance differences among countries, cybersecurity, risk management and decision-making, artificial intelligence, strategic designs, financial foundations and emerging challenges in digital transformation and diversity.
Each session includes interviews with topic experts, facilitated presentations related to director duties and cares on the topic and experiential board exercises based on real-world situational cases. Cases are used for board simulations and discussion. Homework assignment are provided a week prior to each session for participants to read and prepare.
Governance Sessions Topics
- FUNDAMENTALS OF BOARD SERVICE
- GLOBAL GOVERNANCE
- FINANCIAL FOUNDATIONS
- BOARD’S ROLE IN STRATEGY AND INNOVATION
- BOARDS AND BIG DECISIONS: CYBERSECURITY AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- BOARDS AND BIG DECISIONS: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND DECISION-MAKING
- BOARDS AND BIG DECISIONS: ROLE OF BOARDS IN THE DIGITAL AGE
- DEI IMPACT ON BOARDS: HCM, ESG AND BOARD INTERACTION
- EXPERT FORUM: SOLUTIONS FOR SPECIFIC CHALLENGES
Why This Program?
Taught by world-class global experts in corporate governance, you will:
- Learn the latest in governance issues and how to manage them;
- Prioritize board roles and responsibilities;
- Understand the economic, legal, reputation and fiduciary responsibilities of directors;
- Feel empowered to ask the right questions and make important decisions
- Understand and improve your effectiveness on a board;
- Learn about best practices for evaluating company financial and strategic performance;
- Improve committee effectiveness and personal director contributions;
- Consider ways to improve board mix, meeting effectiveness, relationships with shareholders and stakeholders and increase overall corporate reputation;
- Compare practices and ideas with director colleagues from other companies who participate;
- Become a more effective, knowledgeable leader in corporate governance.
Join those board directors who understand: board learning is a permanent commitment.
We have two offerings of this program this year. Learn more and register at https://boardwise.biz/board-certification-program.html